Sunday, August 8, 2010

Feeling Hopeful

This week marks my last week of summer break and it is bittersweet. I'm not happy that summer FLEW by, as it does every year but I'm happy because that puts me one week closer to meeting my sweet baby girl. This week we have two big appointments in our schedule. It will be a week full of many emotions and lots of FAITH and HOPE. On Monday I will see our Pediatric Cardiologist for the last time before Caroline makes her entrance in to the world. Dr. Ayers wants to do one more echo of her heart just to make sure the diagnosis remains the same. You may remember this post about our last visit with Dr. Ayers back in June. We received some really good news at that appointment and I'm hoping things are still moving in the same direction. Please pray that Caroline's heart has continued to grow and still shows proper blood flow in all four chambers. I have complete faith that God is hearing our prayers and will bring us more proof of his awesome healing powers but we so need your prayers. We will head back to Texas Children's again on Thursday to meet with the surgical team. I am NOT looking forward to this appointment but feel blessed that we will be able to meet the team that will perform Caroline's surgery should she need it. I will be back tomorrow to share what we learned at our Monday appointment. I will leave you with two verses I came across this morning during my quiet time. It always amazes me how the Holy Spirit speaks to me just when I need it most.

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and it will be opened to you." Matthew 7:7
"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, do not let it be fearful." John 14:27
I hope you all have a blessed Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment