Sunday, June 13, 2010

A Fun Week

I've been a busy bee this week working on Caroline's nursery and I'm having so much fun! I love decorating and since the heat is unbearable while pregnant, this has been a perfect way to stay indoors and in the comfort of the nice AC. Here's a sneak peek at one of my little projects. I'll be posting more later this week. I found this lamp shade for $7 at Target but thought it needed a special touch.

I had this lamp base tucked away in a closet so I grabbed some white spray paint from the garage and went to work. I need to touch up the top still.

I found the most adorable vintage rose trim and some pretty beaded trim at Hobby Lobby for about $5. I hot glued them both around the shade and ta da....I have a precious new lamp for the side table in Caroline's nursery! I can't wait to show you the other things I've been working on!

Happy Anniversary B & T!
My brother and his sweet wife were in town this weekend celebrating their 7th wedding anniversary. They live in Round Rock and wanted a change of scenery so they spent the weekend at a condo on the water. We got together for a quick lunch on Saturday but left the love birds alone for the rest of their stay. Hope you guys had fun. We love you!!!

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder
Last Sunday I got together with these three wonderful ladies that I have know since 6th grade. We haven't seen each other in ages and have been trying to plan a get together for quite a while. Last Sunday we finally made it happen (thanks to Jen!) and it was A BLAST! It's amazing how old friends can just pick right up where they left off. I have such fond memories of these girls and seeing them made me realize how much I have missed them. We plan to get together again soon and I can't wait!!
I hope you all had a great week too!!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the lamp shade, Amanda! I didn't know you were so talented! I hope we can make some dinner (or lunch) plans soon. I'd love to see you (and Caroline!). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete