Friday, June 25, 2010

New Bedding, A Happy Little Tree and Father's Day

Look what finally came in the mail this week! I have been waiting patiently (my hubby may disagree with that statement...Ha!) for Caroline's bedding to arrive and the sweet UPS man delivered it on Tuesday. I LOVE IT!I'm thinking about having her name or her initials embroidered on the bumper. What do you think? Wish I would have thought of that when I placed my order!

This has been my headache, I mean project this week. I decided to try my hand at painting a tree in Caroline's room. I've never done anything like this before and it was a bit challenging. Fun while it lasted but boy am I GLAD it is done!!
I wish I had a nicer camera because it's much prettier in person. Her walls look beige in these pictures but they are really a pretty pale green. Hubby and I have added a new camera to our wish list! The little mobile you see hanging there on the left is another project I'm working on. I ran out of supplies and haven't felt like going back to the store to get more so it's not quite finished yet.
Happy Father's Day to the Best Daddy to Be....
Caroline and I thought we would recognize Father's Day for David this year so we got him a few goodies. This frame is from Caroline. It says, "Caroline has a prince....his name is Daddy!" I can't wait to put the first photo of Daddy and his baby girl in it! A very talented and creative girl I used to work with made one of these for her husband and I just couldn't resist making one for David.


We also got him a bottle of his favorite cologne, some shower gel from Bath and Body Works and the book, Stong Fathers, Strong Daughters: Ten Secrets Every Father Should Know. David loved all his goodies. Don't ya just love how none of my wrapping matches? That is SO not like me but I totally forgot to purchase bags and tissue so I had to use what I had around the house. I wish I had snapped a pic of us before we left for church but we were in a hurry to get out the door. I'll have to remember next year!

7 comments:

  1. Amanda, the nursery looks GORGEOUS! You have done such an amazing job. I miss seeing you! Let's get together soon. XO, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful bedding! The nursery is so sweet and chic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda! You are so talented! I love, love, love her wall. How did you do that? Is that one of those sticky thingys (the tree)? You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No girl, I free handed that THANG! It was A LOT of work! Glad ya like it. Love your new profile pic....very sassy! HA!

    ReplyDelete